Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Event Date: November 17, 2018
Event Time: 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Beaver Hill Transfer Site
1/4 mile south of milepost 253 on Highway 101
Between Coos Bay and Bandon
Five Great Reasons to Recycle
- Recycling reduces the amount of waste that ends up in landfills or that is burned or combusted
- Recycling conserves precious natural resources like wood, water, and minerals
- Recycling saves energy
- Recycling reduces emissions that contribute to global climate change
- Recycling can save businesses money due to decreased trash volume
Recycling Services - Residential & Commercial
Recycling and garbage collection services in Brookings are administered by Curry Transfer and Recycling (CTR).
Residential: Curbside recycling is picked up each week; residents who have signed up for trash service will receive a recycling tub to be used for recyclable materials (PDF). More information about what can be recycled is available on CTR's website.
Commercial: Depending upon need, CTR offers both cart & dumpster options for commercial recycling.
Recyclable material is also accepted at CTR's Brookings yard and all Transfer sites.
Residents who would like to be more involved in local recycling efforts are encouraged to volunteer for the Curry County Solid Waste Advisory Committee. The committee is comprised of resident and government representatives from Brookings, Gold Beach, Port Orford and unincorporated areas of Curry County.
- To contact Curry Transfer and Recycling about depot locations or collection services, call Candie Wilk at 800-826-9801 or email.
- To contact City of Brookings staff about questions related to recycling inside the City, including public involvement opportunities, call Tony Baron at 541-469-1159 or email.
These Oregon Department of Environmental Quality websites provide more information, including topics like re-use and composting: