The majority of traffic citations may be paid without appearing in court.
Fines must be received before the court date that appears on the bottom of your citation to avoid a court appearance.
Ticket payment options:
- Online. Pay your ticket on-line with your VISA, Master Card or Discover card at Express Bill Pay. Once you have set up your account, just enter the letter T, followed by the 2 digit year in which you received the ticket, a hyphen, and then the complaint (citation) number, located in the upper right hand corner of your citation.
Example: For citation number 00000 received in 2015, you would enter T15-00000.
- In person. Pay your ticket by cash, check or credit card at the utility payment counter in Brookings City Hall.*
- By mail to*:
Brookings Municipal Court
898 Elk Drive
Brookings, OR 97415
* Please be sure to include the citation number and the date the citation was issued on your check or on any other correspondence you may have with the Court.
Court appearances are required for the following:
- All Brookings Municipal Code violations
- Citations for careless driving.
- Any traffic offense committed by a juvenile (17 years old or younger).
Schedule of Fines on Violations (PDF)