Annual & Seasonal Events
- Whale Watching - January thru March; June thru mid November. Harris Beach State Park
- Winter Art & Chocolate Festival- February - Chocolate & Art! Dates and location to be announced.
- Azalea Festival - Memorial Day weekend. Parade, Party at the Port, vendors, food, music, car show.
- Second Saturday Artwalk - May thru December. Various locations around town
- American Music Festival- Late May - Early September. Free Sunday summer concerts in Azalea Park.
- Southern Oregon Kite Festival- 3rd weekend in July. Invitational kiting performance event at the Port.
- Festival of Art in Stout Park - 1st weekend in August. Art, kid activities, vendors, music & food in Stout Park.
- Pirates of the Pacific Festival- 2nd weekend in August. Pirates, music, and vendors abound at the Port.
- Oktoberfest - 5K run, German fare, family fun and games, music, craft beer vendors at the Port.
- Natures Coastal Holiday Day after Thanksgiving thru December 25. Spectacular holiday festival of lights in Azalea Park.
Local Parks, Facilities & Activities
- Azalea Park-Disc golf course, ball fields, band shell, gazebo, horseshoe pits, playground, lawn areas, picnic tables.
- Bud Cross Park- Swimming pool, ball fields, tennis courts, skateboard park, basketball courts.
- Capella by the Sea- Open to the public May - Nov depending on docent availability. Available for rent.
- Chetco Point Park- Beach access/overlook, 360º views, tide pools, picnic tables, lawn area
- Mill Beach - Beach access, accessible paved parking & restrooms.
- Chetco River - Fishing, kayaking, drift boating, swimming, hiking.
- Fujita Sword Display - at Chetco Public Library
- Harris Beach State Park - Beach access, overnight camping, electric hookups, day use area.
- Loeb State Park - River access, overnight camping, fishing, hiking, kayaking.
- Port of Brookings-Harbor - Marina, boat basin, restaurants, shopping, RV park, motels, beach access.
- Salmon Run Golf Course - 18-hole golf course.
- Samuel H. Boardman State Scenic Corridor- beaches, hiking, scenic viewpoints.
- Sporthaven Beach - RV Parking, beach access, fishing, marina
- Stout Park - Dog park, bench seating